Restoring Files and Folders using ShadowProtect SPX
The ShadowProtect SPX Mount feature provides users with a simple way to recover files and folders. To perform a restore of one or more files or folders follow the steps below.
- Open ShadowProtect SPX on the machine you are wanting to restore data on. Once the software is open enter the username and password you logged onto the machine as. ShadowProtect SPX authenticates user credentials using the domain the machine is joined to or the local machine accounts if in a workgroup.
- From the ShadowProtect SPX console select “Tools” then “Image chain browser” or press “Ctrl+I” on your keyboard to open the “Image Chain Browser” screen.
- Select the storage location that the backups you need are stored in the “Destination” drop down menu.
4. Select the backup image on the left. In the right window all the available images in the chain are listed select the image you would like to restore from.
5. With the backup image highlighted select the “Image Mount” icon in the lower right corner of the “Image Chain Browser Screen”
6. Enter the Image Password that was entered when configuring the backup.
7. From the Mount Image window select the drive letter that you want the image mounted to. Ensure the drive letter is not already in use. Cepheus Solutions recommends leaving the “Mount as read-only” option selected to prevent image file corruption.
8. If you properly selected a drive letter that is available an explorer window should open displaying the backup image as a disk drive. Select the files you want to restore and copy and paste them were they need restored to.
9. When the restore process is complete select “Tools” then “Mounted Images”.
10. Select “Dismount” to disconnect the backup image from the drive letter.