Installing QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Installing QuickBooks Point of Sale is as easy as following the simple steps below
Before you start be sure to be logged in as an administrator and temporarily disable your anti-virus software to prevent install issues.
- To start, if you will need to download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale unless you already have a copy.
- Double click the executable file (ex. QBPOSv18.exe) to run the Point of Sale installation. You can also right click on the executable
- Select “Yes to All” if prompted to overwrite the existing extracted files. This will only occur if you have run the installer already on the PC.
- Select “Next” to begin the installation.
5. Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select “I accept the terms in the license agreement”, then select “Next”.
6. Enter your license and product numbers and select “Next”.
7. Next you will need to choose if you are using QuickBooks Desktop point of Sale on more than one PC.
- Single User: Select “Only this computer” and follow the installation process.
- Multiple Users: Choose “Two or more computers”
Once you have selected the option of you choosing select “Next“.
8. Now you will need to select if it is the “Server” or “Client workstation”
- Server Workstation: A Server workstation is the first workstation to which QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale installation occurs. Server workstation creates and holds your company data. You can only have one server with QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Client workstation: The client workstation is usually the cash register used to assist customers in their daily sales and has simultaneous access to the program.
Note: If you need to change the installation type of POS from server to workstation or vice versa, you have to uninstall and reinstall the program. If you are installing on more than one computer the server is the computer that will synchronize with QuickBooks Accounting.
9. Select “Install” to continue.
You may need to restart your computer and then open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to get started.
After installation, activate QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and you’re all set. If you have and issues or questions please feel free to contact us for help 1-888-877-3665.