Knowledge Base Help Center
Set up Intuit Data Protect to back up files
Intuit Data Protect (IDP) is a subscription-based service that backs up your files to protect them from loss or damage. Your files are automatically backed up online over the Internet once a day, every day, at an automatically selected time to an offsite location. Setup Inuit Data Protect on your PC to keep your financial data from disappearing.
You can choose to back up just your QuickBooks company file (Company Data plan), or you can back up multiple QuickBooks Desktop files and any other data on your computer (Entire PC plan).
Set up Intuit Data Protect
Add firewall ports and exemptions
Activate Intuit Data Protect
1. From QuickBooks, go to the “File” menu, then select “Back Up Company” – “Set up/Activate Online Backup.”
2. From the Backup Status section (bottom right of QuickBooks Home), select “Intuit Data Protect.”
3. From the System Tray, right-click the IDP icon (green padlock), then select “Open Intuit Data Protect” – “Activate Now.”
1. In the Intuit App Center window, sign in using your Intuit Account credentials. (This is the account you created when you subscribed to the service.)
2. On the Intuit Data Protect Diagnose window, select Continue when all the statuses show Complete. A confirmation screen pops up if there are some previously backed up files. Select “Yes” if you wish to recover your files or “No” to proceed.
3. In the next window, select all the files you want to back up, then choose “Continue.” Choose the other folders you want to back up on the next window, then select “Continue.”
4. Set up a schedule to back up the files, then “Continue.”
5. On the Notification Email settings window, assign an e-mail address to be notified if:
· The backup Fails.
· The backup is Successful.
· The last good backup is older than X number of days. Note that you can set the number of days here.
· Other critical issues.
Note: For the first-time setup, the checkboxes will not show up. Keep selecting Continue until you reach the home screen of IDP. Select Change backup settings, then keep clicking Continue until you reach the Notification Email Settings window again. The checkboxes should now be available.
Once a message saying the IDP setup is successful, select “OK.”