Knowledge Base Help Center
Is Duo available in multiple languages?
The Duo Admin Panel is only available in English.
The Traditional Duo Prompt, Phone Callback, and SMS-delivered Passcodes
The traditional Duo Prompt is available in English, French, and German. The prompt can be changed from English by:
- Logging into the Duo Admin Panel.
- Navigating to Settings > User Communication.
- Selecting French or German.
Changing the language setting in the Duo Admin Panel also causes both phone callback authentication and the messages containing SMS-delivered passcodes to be translated into the selected language.
Duo’s Universal Prompt supports English, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese. Your browser’s language settings determine the language shown in the prompt, with no extra configuration necessary.
Our End-User Guide is also available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese.
Long-Form Guides and Communication Templates
The following guides and other support content are available in multiple languages:
- Guide to promoting Duo Push with users (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)
- End-User Education Communication Templates (English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish)
- Duo Help Desk Guide (English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish)
- Duo Guide to Business Continuity Preparedness (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)
Duo Mobile will localize to English, French, German, and the following languages on iOS and Android based on the user’s device language.
|Language||Duo Mobile Android support||Duo Mobile iOS support|
The service can readily be used by non-English-speaking individuals as enrollment is done using simple visual workflows and logging in is as easy as pressing a green button or typing in a passcode.
You can configure your iOS or Android mobile device to support more than one language. In device language settings, Duo Mobile will use the first language in the list. Refer to this menu in your iOS or Android device:
- iOS: General > Language & Region
- Android: Settings > System > Languages & input > Languages
If you would like to have the app use a particular language, make sure that that language is placed above any other compatible languages in your device’s language settings screen.